- For complete control over your report layout,…you're gonna want to explore the report design view.…Many of the features that we went over from the form design…also apply to the design of reports,…which makes it easy to apply what we already know.…However, reports have a structure that's distinct…from most forms, which adds another aspect…to their construction.…Most forms display only a single record at a time.…Reports display many records, one after another.…Let's go ahead and open up the CheckInDetails report…in design view to see how that works.…And we can do that by right clicking on it here…in the navigation pane,…and jumping straight over here to the Design View.…
Now if the field list opens up when it switches…into design view, feel free to collapse that window here…just by pressing that x button here.…And we'll just focus here…on the center portion of the screen.…Now, you might be surprised at how short this report looks.…The nature of our report is that there are several sections…but they get stacked one on top of another over and over.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.