Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a query, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Just as with Microsoft Access 2013,…we have the ability to create queries to use…in our web app, so if you have two or more…related tables and want to be able to display data…from them or if you want to take a table and…create a query to filter it in a particular fashion,…you can do that as well.…You will find queries under Advanced,…very first item at the top.…So I'm going to choose Query, and it'll open up…the query builder.…If you're relatively new to queries, or even if you're not,…if you're experienced with them, I would like to recommend…Adam Wilbert's Access 2013: Queries in Depth course,…which is a really deep dive into how we create queries.…
But we choose one or more tables, and then we can…also choose to have particular…fields of data that we're showing.…So if I wanted, for example, to have my projects table,…and I can simply click Add.…And then Related Issues.…If I decide, no, I don't want Related Issues,…I'm going to remove that.…Then what you can do is you can select the table right here.…Just hit the Delete key.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 58m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.