- As with many of the objects in Access,…the easiest way to get started with queries…is to have the Wizard walk us through…some of the steps.…Before we get started, though, let's have a goal in mind.…Let's first talk a look at some existing data tables…and one of the easier ways to get the big picture…on what's going on in the database,…is to go back to that Relationships screen,…which, if you remember, we can get to from…the Database Tools tab on the Ribbon,…and then hit Relationships right here.…We can see that our Guests table here…is set up with a relationship to the RoomAssignments table…which is down here.…
So we have a GuestID number that's being generated…for each of our guests,…and in the RoomAssignments table we have…the check-in date and room that was assigned.…And then we have a link to the GuestID…that was assigned to that room…for that particular day.…We also have some details…about what day of the week it was,…and the rate code that they paid, whether it was…a weekend rate or a weekday rate for that particular room.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.