Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new table from scratch, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Our final choice is to create a table from scratch…because the table we want doesn't exist in the templates.…We don't have any existing data…that would help us out with that,…and so we're going to add a new blank table.…If you do a lot of development in Access,…you're going to be very comfortable doing this…because here we are being prompted…for field names and for data types.…So if I wanted to add a series of payment types,…for example, I'm gonna just say that we're going to have…a CardType and that will be Short Text.…
You can use your arrow keys or your mouse…to move around in here.…That will actually be Type of credit card.…Then we'll have ActiveDate,…the date we start accepting that CardType.…So let's take a look at what our data types are.…We have a number of them.…We're just gonna choose Date/Time.…It's going to give me a display of a Short Date,…and that's fine.…Again I can add an optional description,…Date we began accepting this card type.…Then an InactiveDate, Date/Time again.…
I can just hit the letter D to navigate that list…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.