Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new app, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Our app will run in SharePoint,…but we're going to create it in Microsoft Access.…I'm going to fire up my Start menu,…start Microsoft Access,…and this very first choice says custom web app.…I'll click to open that up.…I'm going to give this a name,…so obviously I need to know…what kind of an app I'm going to create,…and I'm going to create one of my favorite apps,…because it's an app that I use all the time.…I'm going to create an issues list…that will allow users to enter information…about issues that they need to have addressed.…Whether I'm launching a new piece of software…and need feedback on issues that my users are having,…whether it's issues that are related to a conference…that we're planning.…
Whether it's issues related to any kind of an event…or any kind of a product or any kind of a process,…no matter where you work, you probably have issues,…so I create this type.…Issues lists, or issues apps,…are on my Frequently Created Apps list.…I don't want to put this in my personal apps,…because this isn't for use only by me,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.