Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new app, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- Our app will run in SharePoint,…but we're going to create it in Microsoft Access.…I'm going to fire up my Start menu,…start Microsoft Access,…and this very first choice says custom web app.…I'll click to open that up.…I'm going to give this a name,…so obviously I need to know…what kind of an app I'm going to create,…and I'm going to create one of my favorite apps,…because it's an app that I use all the time.…I'm going to create an issues list…that will allow users to enter information…about issues that they need to have addressed.…Whether I'm launching a new piece of software…and need feedback on issues that my users are having,…whether it's issues that are related to a conference…that we're planning.…
Whether it's issues related to any kind of an event…or any kind of a product or any kind of a process,…no matter where you work, you probably have issues,…so I create this type.…Issues lists, or issues apps,…are on my Frequently Created Apps list.…I don't want to put this in my personal apps,…because this isn't for use only by me,…
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.