- You might have noticed that our navigation pane,…over here on the left side of your screen,…is growing at a steady rate.…Pretty soon, we're going to have lots of objects…and remembering exactly which one you need to use,…for a particular task, might start to become more difficult.…We can help users get around our database,…and easily move from task to task, by organizing…the relevant forms into a single tab's interface,…called a navigation form.…We can create a navigation form, by going up to…the create tab of the ribbon, and in the forms section,…we'll find the navigation option.…
It's a drop-down list and when I open it up,…you'll see I have different options in here,…for how I want the tabs to be arranged.…I can either choose from a horizontal tab across…the top, or vertical tabs on the left, or vertical tabs…on the right, and then I also have options for…two levels of tabs across the top,…on the left end top, and on the right end top.…I'm going to stick with just a single, horizontal tab…across the the top version, so go ahead and select that,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.