- Macro objects allow you to create a series…of actions that you would like to automate.…When the macro is triggered, Access runs through the steps…and performs the tasks for you.…There's lots of uses for macros in your access database,…and to get started, we're going to set one up…that opens several objects for us…without having to go to the navigation pane.…This is going to be my I just got to work macro,…and it allows us to quickly pull up the reports…and forms that we need to start the day.…In order to create a new macro,…we'll come up here to the create tab,…and then over on the far right hand side…in the macros and code group,…you'll find a button called macro.…
When you click on it, it opens up a new macro…and the design editor for it.…Here in the middle portion of the screen,…you have a drop down list, and when we open that up,…you'll see all the different steps…that we can include in our macro.…This macro is going to open up a couple of items,…so I'm going to scroll through…until I get to the open section.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.