Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating lookup fields, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- A lookup field allows you to select a value from a list…when populating a table with information.…Like validation rules and default values,…this is another tool that you can use…to ensure that the information in your Access database…is valid and consistently entered.…Now you notice here inside of the LandonHotel-Lookup:Database,…I've imported a couple of more tables…that will support the hotel's operations.…One of them, is the LandonEmployees table.…If we double click on it, we can take a look at it.…Inside of it, I've got some information about the names of…the members of our executive team, as well as their titles.…
I've got address, the country where they're based,…their phone number, email and a long bio right over here.…Now the way the hotel has properties…in several different countries,…so when it comes time to adding a new employee…to the database, I want to make sure…that they get assigned to an appropriate location.…We can do that by creating a Lookup field on the Country here.…So we'll switch into design view in order to add it.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.