Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating labels, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Access makes it really easy to generate a report…that is perfect for printing out mailing label sheets.…When you're doing your next mailing campaign…or setting up billing notices,…you can generate the labels you need in no time.…Just like with our other reports,…we'll first need to identify the people…that we want to create mailing labels for.…We could build a label sheet based off…of the data in our Guests table,…but I'd like to actually create a query in stead.…So, I'm going to come up to the Create tab…and choose Query Design.…I'll add in the Guest table by double clicking on it,…and then close the Show Table window.…
Next, we're going to add in our fields.…I'll double click on FirstName, LastName.…Let's go ahead and scroll down here…and I'll double click on StreetAddress, then Country,…and we'll scroll down and double click…on State and then PostalCode.…Now this database doesn't actually have any…city data stored, and that's just a limitation…of the example data that we're working with now.…Obviously, you'll have to include cities in your own labels…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.