Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating forms in Design view, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Creating forms in Design view…requires diving into a new design environment…that looks different than what we've seen previously.…I'd like to take a few minutes and just have a look around…before we start creating a new form in this view.…In order to start a new form, we'll go up to the Create tab…and in the Forms group here,…we'll find the button called Form Design.…When I click on it, it'll jump us into Design view…for a new form.…On the ribbon, we have three new contextual tabs here…across the top.…On the first on, the Design tab,…we have sections to change our views…between the standard Form view, Datasheet view,…Layout view, and Design views.…
We have a section on themes for font and color themes here.…We have a large section that has…all of the different controls that we can add into out form,…such as buttons and labels and textboxes…and images and so on.…We have an option here for the header and footer…of our forms, so some properties for that.…And then we have a section over here for tools…for controlling some of the properties of our form.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.