Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a form letter, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- One final way that we can leverage reports to help…organize the information stored in the database…is in the preparation of standardized…business correspondence, or form letters.…By creating these types of documents right inside…of the database, we can fill in customized…information directly, without having to export…anything to an external program.…This keeps your users firmly inside of your…well-designed database application, without…the need to switch out to accomplish common tasks.…Let me show you what I mean by creating…a common human resources document.…The employee verification letter.…
We're going to start, once again, by going to the…Create tab, and Report Design.…I'm gonna go ahead and get rid of these headers.…I'll right-click and toggle off the page Header/Footer.…Now we can set the size.…I'll click in the details section.…Jump over to the Property sheet,…and find the Height property.…And I'll set that to ten and a half.…Next, we'll set the width.…That's a property of the report itself.…I'll change that here.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.