Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a form with the Form Wizard, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- One of the easiest ways to start…creating forms is with a Wizard.…You can have a basic form up and running…in as little as three clicks of the mouse.…Let's create a form that takes a look at our orders.…I'll click on Orders here, go up to the CREATE tab,…and in the forms group of the ribbon I'll choose Form here.…That creates a basic access form.…Now it puts us in a mode called layout view…where we can alter the form's design,…so what I want to do is go over here…on the View menu here, click on the dropdown,…and click Form View here to take a look at the data.…Now this form is taking a look at our orders.…
If I look on the bottom of the screen I can see that…we're currently viewing information…about record number 1 of 2200.…This particular record is for Order ID number 10000,…which was placed on 12/5/2008.…This is the first record out of our Orders table,…and if I double click on the Orders table here…I could see that information here.…Record number 10000 was placed on 12/5/2008.…Let's go ahead and go back to that form.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.