Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the database file, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Unlike the other office programs that immediately give you…a blank document to get started in,…Access starts with the options for creating a new database…or opening an existing database.…On the first screen that we see…we have a list of available starting templates…that are grouped into categories here along the top.…I've got categories for Database, Business, Logs, and so on.…If I want to perform a search against…the available templates, we could just use…the search box up here.…I'm going to type in the word vehicle…and when I press enter, Access is going to search through…the templates that are available online…and it finds this one here called the…Desktop vehicle maintenance database.…
If I want to find out more information about it…I'll just give it a click and we get this new window…that has some descriptions about what it is.…Tells me how big the database is,…so it's not very big at all.…If I want to use it, all I need to do is provide…a File Name and a path to store it.…When I get done filling that in I'll press the create button…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.