- So far, we've taken a look at creating navigation forms…to move around our database.…We've created a reference form in our Employee Directory…and we've created a form that looks up orders,…that include a particular product,…using the Form Wizard and a Subform control.…Now let's create a form that can be used…to input records into our data tables.…We'll create a form that can be used…to capture information about new customers,…and we'll start it by going to the Create tab.…And in the Forms group, I'll choose Form Design.…The first thing we wanna do…is connect it to a data source.…So I'm gonna switch over to the Property sheet here…and in the Data tab for the record source,…I'm gonna use the drop-down list and choose Customers.…
That'll connect this form to the Customers table.…Next, we can add the fields from the table into our form…by switching over to Add Existing Fields here…and I'm gonna click on the Customer ID.…I'm gonna Shift click on email here at the bottom…to select them all.…And then I'll click and drag…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.