Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating custom Ribbon tabs, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- When working in Access, you'll soon find that you have…a small group of very commonly used tools…that return to time and time again.…Some of these tools are already present in their ribbons,…but some won't be.…You can create a custom ribbon tab…with your own set of commonly used commands…in order to speed up your work.…In order to create your custom ribbon tab, you'll come up to…the File tab and then come down to Options.…Next, we'll go ahead and select…the Customize Ribbon option here, and we can see…a list of all of the ribbon tabs over here on the right…and the commands over here on the left.…
In order to create a new ribbon, I'll press this button…down here that says New Tab.…I'll go ahead and do that, and then I'm going to click here…where it says New Tab and New Group.…I'll click on New Tab and press Rename.…Let's go ahead and give it a name of Landon Hotel.…And press OK.…Then we have the group here. Right now it says New Group.…I'll press the Rename button here.…We get to select an icon, but, honestly, I don't think…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.