Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the combo boxes, part of Access 2013 Power Tips.
…Using text boxes on a form for data entry will usually get the job done…in most cases, but it's not always…the best solution for some types of information.…I wide open text box doesn't help the end user…consistently enter information that appears over and over in the database.…By converting text box entry fields, such as the ones in…our add customer fields here, into combo boxes where a limited list…of options is presented, you gain better control over the data entry…process and help guide the end user into making the best choice.…Let's improve the functionality of our Add Customer form by converting a couple…of the text boxes into combo boxes, specifically the ones for city and state.…
Now before we do this, what I want to do is take…a look at where this data is going to be coming from.…First, I'm going to go ahead and open up my States table.…I'll just double-click on it to open it.…The States table is a listing of our state…abbreviations and state names, and if you look down…here on the bottom you'll see that there's 51…
- Creating a kiosk experience
- Hiding the ribbon
- Creating cascading combo boxes
- Working with hidden objects
- Creating a separate back end
- Building a dynamic reporting tool
- Writing custom functions in Visual Basic
- Distributing your application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating a Start-up Experience
2. Creating Cascading Combo Boxes
3. Working with Hidden Objects
4. Working with Split Databases
Creating a back end3m 44s
5. Creating a Dynamic Reporting Tool
6. Aiding the End User
7. Writing Custom Functions in Visual Basic
8. Distributing Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.