Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating calculated totals, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- So far, our Checkin Analysis Report…has organized and grouped the records…that were gathered by our CheckIn Anaysis query.…We can also add some statistical information…about each group right inside of the report.…This will give you some quick, grand total figures…that can help in understanding the data…and making comparisons across days.…Let's go ahead and continue modifying the report…called "CheckInAnalysis".…I'll right click on it,…and we'll jump straight into Layout View.…Next, I'm going to click on one of these fields over here…in the Total Revenue column.…It doesn't matter which number you click on.…
They'll all do the same thing.…And then, I'm going to come up here on the Design tab…of the Report Layout Tools ribbon.…We'll go ahead and take a look at this Totals button here.…This will work like just like the totals that we saw earlier…when we working with our totals queries.…We had some aggregate functions, including Sum, Average,…Count, Min, Max, and Standard Deviation and Variance.…Let's go ahead and add up all of our revenue totals…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.