Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating Access database tables from Excel tables, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- So most people are familiar with…just setting up spreadsheets.…And then a few of us have adopted other tools,…like naming.…We also do things like the table format.…No matter how you work with your Excel file,…it will still import or link into Access.…I want to show you how to import in…actual named ranges.…So first of all, let me get our exercise files…so I can show you what it looks like in a named range.…
So from our exercise files, I'm going to open up…my Original_Start file,…and then I'm going to go to the Zip Code, City tab.…Now, the Zip Code, Area Code, and City,…this would import in perfectly just as it is.…But this user actually named this Zip Codes.…So because they used a naming convention,…I just want to show you how to import it in…when there are names.…I'll go ahead and close this file…and go back to my Access file.…
I go to External Data, I go to Excel,…I'm going to Import or Link, it makes no difference…but for this example I'll do Import.…It will be the…Original_Start file,…and as we've done in examples before,…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.