It’s time to start building a new, blank desktop database from scratch for the Landon Hotel. Adam will show you how to create a table to store information about the Landon Hotel’s rooms using the features of the table Design view. After creating the columns and defining data types, the process of entering in data can begin.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Template databases are a great way…to get started quickly, but are only useful if your data…fits completely within the scope of the template.…At some point, you're gonna either need to modify…the template's design to accommodate your own data…or build your own database from scratch.…Either scenario will require you to build and connect…your own database objects…and that process will almost always begin…with the creation of a table object.…So let's move away from the task management…template database and start building our own database…that'll help us keep track of the rooms and guests…that check in to the Landon Hotel.…To start, we'll need to create a new database.…
So I'll come down here to the Start menu…and I'm just gonna type in Access…to launch a new instance of Microsoft Access.…If you already have Access open with the database,…just go to the File menu and choose Close…and then File and New.…From here, I'm gonna choose to use the new…blank desktop database template,…go ahead and give that a click,…
If you need a deeper dive into the topics discussed, check out Adam's Office 365: Access 2016 Essential Training course.
- Loading a premade template database
- Exploring the interface
- Defining data types
- Creating tables
- Defining table relationships
- Editing forms
- Creating queries and reports
- Editing reports in Layout view