Learn how to create reports using two methods. Author Jen McBee will review how to create a report using the Report Wizard, and using the Quick Report, two methods that you may be asked demonstrate on the Access 2013 MOS Exam.
- [Voiceover] You should now be comfortable…creating a database, adding tables, entering your data,…even creating and running queries.…You also should be very good at…creating some pretty dynamic forms at this point.…Now let's talk about creating reports.…There are three methods that we're going to review.…The first is a quick report.…Second, using the report wizard,…and third, working in report design view.…
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised…that everything you learned in chapter five…regarding creating forms, you can…bring with you to chapter six, because we…create our reports the same way that we create our forms.…A lot of the editing and reformatting is done…exactly the same way too.…Being able to create a report, and format that report…is a skill that you're probably gonna be…asked to demonstrate on the Access 2013 MOS exam.…Let's go ahead and do some practicing.…
I'll go ahead and go into the exercise file,…and let's create a quick report.…Let's click the New Products table,…go to Create, and because I have New Products selected,…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Reviewing exam objectives
- Creating a new database
- Managing relationships
- Protecting a database
- Creating tables
- Modifying fields
- Creating different types of queries
- Using calculated fields and groups in a query
- Building forms
- Creating and formatting reports
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.