Users often wonder how far along a process has gone. In this video, learn how to create a progress bar using the SysCmd object.
- [Instructor] One common way…to show something is happening in Access is…by displaying a progress bar.…In Access VBA this item is called a meter,…and you can use a series of VBA commands…to display, update, and remove a meter…when you're done with it.…I'll demonstrate how to do that in this movie,…and I will base my work on the orders query,…which I have opened in design view.…I'll go ahead and right click…in the details area of the query,…and I'll make sure that I right click on a blank spot.…
So right click here, and then click build event.…Click code builder in the choose builder…dialogue box, and click OK.…So here I have an event handler for when…a spot in the details section is clicked.…That is actually not the event that I want to use,…so I will go up to the object down arrow and click form.…Then I got a new event handler for when the form is loaded,…and that is what I want to use.…And I can leave the detail click blank,…because it will run whenever the detail area is clicked,…but nothing will happen.…
You can delete it if you want.…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.