Macros are templated procedures to create automated processes in Access. In this video, learn how to create macros.
- [Instructor] A macro is a series of steps…that Access runs automatically.…Access macros are different from macros…in other Office programs in that you don't record them.…Instead, you select actions from a menu,…and save the steps as a macro.…One common context for a macro…is on a navigation form.…In this movie, I will demonstrate…how to create a macro.…I have opened the course database,…and I'll go to the Create tab on the ribbon,…and toward the right side I'll click Macro.…
So I have a macro, and I am able…to create the actions that I want.…In the macro window, I will click…the Action Controls down arrow,…and I need to look for the action that I want,…so I'll scroll down,…and in this case I want to open a form,…so I'll click OpenForm,…and I get a list of arguments that I can set…for this action.…So the form name, if I go to the OpenForm down arrow…I can click it, and I can open…any of the available forms.…
In this case, I will make it Customers.…If I want I can change the view.…I will open it in form view.…I won't create a filter or a where condition,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.