- Access Databases give us lots of ways…to control the input of data into our tables.…This helps ensure that what is enter is typed correctly…and often more imporant, consistently.…We can make use of the Input Mask field property…to help us make sure that each time…we enter in a phone number, for example,…it gets formatted properly.…Let's go ahead and open up our Guests table in Design view.…One way to do that is to double click…on it here in the navigation pane…and then on the Home tab switch our view…over here to Design view this way.…Another way, if I go ahead and close out this table…by pressing this X on the far right,…and probably the way that I would prefer to do it…is just find it in the navigation pane, right click on it,…and choose Design View from the pop-up menu.…
Now, what I wanna do is add in…an input mask for our PhoneNumber field.…So, let's go ahead and select this field…by clicking this box here to the left of the Phone field,…and when we do we'll notice that we have…a whole bunch of new properties…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.