Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting the query, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- We're getting close to the final functionality…we need for our profit summary.…The final step is to connect the two combo boxes…in the main menu that we created…in the last movie to the query…that's driving the report.…This will allow the end user to choose the year…and product categories that they're interested in…in seeing on the profit summary.…First we need to be able to know…how to refer to these two combo boxes.…So we need to know their name.…I'm going to go over here to the main menu title bar.…I'll right click and go into design view.…Now we already know the name of the form,…that's main menu.…So what I need to do is select this first box here,…this is our year drop down,…and go over here to the other tab…and give it a better name so I can recognize it.…
I'm going to delete this default name,…and I'm going to type in cboYear.…Cbo is just a standard tag that's used…inside of Access database development…to indicate that this is a combo box.…Let's go ahead and press enter to save that change,…and then I'll come down here…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.