Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting the form, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports.
- Our query is built.…The form is designed.…Now it's time to build out our navigation.…Instead of creating a brand new form,…let's place the controls for this Profit Summary Report…directly on the Main Menu form.…I'll go ahead and find it in my Navigation Pane…and just double click on it to open it.…Now I want to put a couple of controls…over here on the righthand side.…I want a drop-down list so the user can choose…what year they're interested in,…and another drop-down list so they can choose…which product category.…Finally, they will have a button that'll run the report.…So let's go ahead and add those features in.…I'll right click up here on the Title Bar…and choose Design View.…
Let's go up here to the Design tab on the Controls group…and I'll grab my first combo box.…I'll click on it and we'll click down here to add it.…Now the Combo Box Wizard starts up…but I'm actually going to cancel out of this.…We'll build the query that'll run this list manually.…It'll be a little bit cleaner that way.…So that leaves us with an unbound combo box.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.