Controls are the part of the form that you use to enter, edit, or display data. In this video, learn how to add, move, and remove form controls, set form control properties, and add and modify form labels.
- [Instructor] Controls are the parts of a form … or report that you use to enter edit or display data. … After watching this video, you'll know how to add, … move and remove form controls. … You'll learn how to change their properties, … and how to add and modify labels. … Let's jump right into our form controls database. … And we'll open up our employee benefit … data by department form. … First, we will add a label underneath our title … that displays the year 2019. … We'll go into design view … and I want you to notice that up on your ribbon, … you also have a view drop down menu … if it's easier for you to come up here … and go into design view, that's fine. … These are our controls where we can insert labels, … hyperlinks, check boxes, radio buttons … and just a simple rectangular button. … We also can insert images and charts. … We'll choose label from the list. … Notice that my cursor has a plus sign … and a capital A attached to it. … If I click and hold my mouse down, … I can draw a rectangle out, type in 2019, …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.