Learn how to rename and delete Tables, Forms, Reports and Queries. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to change the Navigation Pane options to display objects in a specific order, and how to set Access options, focusing on the options that you will likely
- [Instructor] We want to make sure that it's easy…for us to find our objects in our navigation pane.…So in this video, we're going to talk about how you can…best manage your database objects.…We'll see how we can rename an object, delete an object,…and see how we can configure our navigation pane…to best view all of our objects.…I also want to spend a couple of minutes in the Access…options in the backstage area.…On the Access 2010 Moss Exam, you will probably be asked…to rename or delete an object in the database.…
You may also be asked to change a setting in the…Access options.…In this video, we'll focus on all these features…so you'll be able to quickly complete any such tasks…on the exam.…I have the 0203 exercise file open, so let's get going.…First let's talk about the navigation pane.…In this particular database, we have several tables,…queries, forms, and the report that we created earlier.…We're viewing the information by object type.…
If we go up to the top of the navigation pane,…this is where we can change the way we're seeing…
- Creating a new Access database
- Applying application parts
- Backing up a database
- Creating new tables and fields
- Sorting and filtering records
- Setting primary keys
- Importing data
- Creating basic forms
- Creating Access queries, including crosstab and multitable queries
- Creating Access reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 18s
2. Managing the Access Environment
3. Building Tables
4. Create Forms
5. Create and Manage Queries
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.