This video provides an overview of Microsoft Certification, benefits of becoming certified, and discusses the three levels of certification.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] Let's review the three different levels of MOS Certifications that you can obtain. First, the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification. A Microsoft Office Specialist, or MOS, is an individual who has demonstrated expertise by passing a certification exam in one or more Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, or SharePoint. Moving on the second level is our Microsoft Office Specialist Expert who is an individual that has taken their knowledge of Office to the next level, demonstrating their mastering of more advanced features based on Word or Excel.
The Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exams for Word and Excel consist of one exam for each program, each having 20 to 25 questions. To obtain the Expert level, you only have to pass either the Word Expert exam or the Excel Expert exam. Our final level that we'll discuss is the Microsoft Office Specialist Master. A Microsoft Office Specialist Master is an individual who has demonstrated their expertise in Word and Excel by passing the Expert exams for both. The MOS Master must also pass the PowerPoint exam and the Access exam.
This course is all about preparing you for the Excel 2010 Microsoft Office Specialist exam. Once you've watched all the videos and have completed the challenge exercises at the end of each chapter, you'll be able to move on to the practice exam at the end of the series. When you've mastered the practice exam in the allotted 40 minute timeframe, you should feel comfortable in doing your final preparations for the full Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- Creating a new Access database
- Applying application parts
- Backing up a database
- Creating new tables and fields
- Sorting and filtering records
- Setting primary keys
- Importing data
- Creating basic forms
- Creating Access queries, including crosstab and multitable queries
- Creating Access reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 18s
2. Managing the Access Environment
3. Building Tables
4. Create Forms
5. Create and Manage Queries
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.