- When working with your database files,…Access keeps track of changes that you're making…in the background.…And when you delete an object or lots of records,…Access doesn't actually give you…that disk space back right away.…If you notice that your database is running slower,…or you'd like to squeeze a file size down…as much as possible,…you can use a little tool called Compact & Repair.…You'll find Compact Repair either on the…database Tools tab over here on the left-hand side,…or on the File tab in this info section at the very top,…you'll find Compact & Repair here.…Either way, it'll run the same tool.…
When you press the button,…Access will close the database file,…then run through some routine maintenance tasks.…It throws out old log files and rebuilt indexes,…and just generally cleans up after itself.…Then the database file is saved again, and reopened.…For some databases, the Compact & Repair process…is so quick, you might only notice a blink…as the file is shut down, and reopened.…For others with lots of tables and records,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.