When you're done working in a database, you can close your file or quit Access. In this video, learn how to close a database or quit Access.
- [Instructor] When you or your users…have finished their work in Access,…you should close the program…to free up system resources and prevent anyone…from viewing or manipulating data they may not need to see.…In this movie, I will show you the VBA code…that you use to close a database or quit access.…I'm working in the course database,…and I've opened the quit or close form.…This form has two buttons on it,…close database and quit access.…
Let's say that I want to add a macro…to the close database button…to close the current data base.…To do that, I need to switch to design view,…so on the home tab I'll click the view button's…down arrow and click design view.…Then I will right click the close data base button.…Click build event which is the item at the top…of the shortcut menu.…Then in the choose builder dialogue box,…I'll click code builder, and click okay,…and when I do I get a code module,…and you see that, in this case,…it's labeled command0_click,…so when I click command0, according…to Access's internal reckoning,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.