Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing settings in the list control, part of Creating Access Web Apps in SharePoint 2013.
- I'm back in my Data Demo App…and this is another table called Months.…What this table does is it gives me a way…to represent months.…So that if I have January I can look up its month number.…I can also look up its month in our fiscal year,…which starts in July.…And that's just great, but when I'm in my List view,…here in my List control, it's sorted in alphabetical order.…That's interesting because I'd prefer…it to be sorted in chronological order,…for usability instead of alphabetical order,…I guess for amusement's sake.…
So how do I fix this?…Well, let's go into Access and let's change…the settings on the List control.…Here we are in the List view.…Here's the List control.…So let's edit it.…We looked at this control a little while ago.…Now it will make sense what we want to change.…Because right now the Primary is the data that's displayed.…And we do want the Month Names displayed.…We could also say then, after that why don't you say…what the Fiscal Year Month Number is.…That would be helpful for us.…
But, this is the problem, our sort order.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Creating a new app
- Building tables from different sources
- Creating relationships between tables
- Working with views
- Using macros for automation
- Saving your app in an app package
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The "Using the If macro action" movie seems to end in the middle of troubleshooting. What am I missing?
Q: This course was updated on 08/25/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover changes for Access Web Apps and migrating Access Web App data to SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Creating a Simple Access App
2. Working with Views
3. Automating and Packaging
Next steps1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.