Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Creating tables, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- We've covered a lot of ground so far…so I think we're ready for our first challenge.…In the LandonHotel-ChallengeStart database…go ahead and try creating a new data table…to store a RoomServicesMenu for the Landon Hotel.…Think about some of the information…that would need to be available to the hotel staff…and create the necessary fields and data types…to store the data.…Remember that you're not creating the actual menu,…just the structure of the table that will support…the individual menu items.…If you want to take this challenge a step further…see if you can create another table…that will store orders and establish the relationships…between the guests to the menu items…that they may have ordered.…
I estimate that this challenge…will take less than 10 minutes.…Have fun.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.