Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Creating navigation, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- I think it's time to try out another challenge.…Since navigating around your database…is such an important requirement for your end users,…I'd like to make that the topic.…Your objective is to modify the product listing form…we created in the first challenge…and incorporate it into the overall…navigation structure for the Connetico database.…Remember to create buttons that take the user to the form…and back to the main menu.…If you finish early, feel free to add in…some of the other forms that we've created.…This challenge should take you about five minutes.…When you're done, make sure that you view the solution video…to see how I accomplished the task.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.