Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Creating forms, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- It's time for our third challenge…and this time we're going to make…a custom form for the Landon Hotel.…I've added two items to our room service menu table…that's in the Landon Hotel challenge start database…in your chapter eight folder of the Exercise Files.…I'd like you to build a form around this data…in order to view and add new menu items to the database.…I'd encourage you to be creative with the layout…and practice using the various form controls…that we've seen to enhance the form's design.…Getting used to placing and fine tuning the arrangement…of your form controls is an essential skill…that only gets easier with practice.…
So take your time and create a form…that expresses your unique take on the data entry process.…I suggest that you spend about 10 minutes on this challenge…and I'll see you on the other side.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.