Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Create a database, part of Cert Prep: Access 2013 Microsoft Office Specialist (77-424).
- [Voiceover] Hi, welcome to the first challenge…in our course.…For the chapter 2 challenge,…we're going to be using the 02_07 challenge file.…You should be able to complete the tasks…in the challenge in five minutes or less.…Because this is your first challenge in the course,…I'm gonna go ahead and open the document with you,…so that we can talk about what's gonna be expected of you…during each of the challenges.…I have Access open, so I'll go ahead and go to my File tab.…Go down to Open.…
I'm gonna navigate to my desktop,…which is where I've save my exercise files.…Go into Exercise Files and Chapter 2,…and here's the 02_07 Challenge document.…Each time you open a challenge document,…the first thing that you're going to see…is a form that has all of the instructions…for the tasks within the challenge.…You'll also see at the top of the instructions…the time allotted for each challenge.…And keep in mind in this case,…you should be able to complete all of these tasks…in five minutes or less.…
The very first task in each challenge will be…
Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Identify the location of the search field in a table.
- Recall how to update identical information across multiple records.
- Explain how to create a report that pulls information from two tables.
- Explain the difference between a split form and a subform.
- Identify two methods used to create a calculated field in a query.
- Summarize how to display information in a particular order when creating a report.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.