- The majority of the data for our report…has been fed in through the record source.…It's either a table, or an embedded query,…or in the case of the Customer Lifetime Sales report,…it's a linked query.…But we can actually calculate values right inside…of our report by using (mumbling) text boxes as well.…Let's go ahead and open up…that Customer Lifetime Sales report.…So far we've got the layout…and conditional formatting in place.…Let's add another level of information to our report…by summarizing data within each state.…What I'd like to do is get a total count…for how many customers we have in each state,…and the sum total of all the sales within the state.…
To keep things clean what I wanna do is add in…a state footer that'll appear below…the last record for each state down here,…let me go ahead and scroll down a little bit,…but before it changes to the next state.…And we'll go ahead and place…those calculated values in there.…Let's go ahead and switch our View into Design View.…If it's not open, go ahead and toggle on…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.