Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Calculating in Excel 2013 versus Access 2013, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Excel has an amazing calculation engine.…It's the most comprehensive library…most people will ever see in their life,…and barely touch a percentage of it.…The best solutions are ones that do not…require a lot of manual, human intervention.…Adding your calculations to a place,…that requires you to constantly update it,…can lead to error.…Let's get started with replacing a VLOOKUP…using links in Access.…Let's start at our exercise files,…so that you can see what most people do.…
I'll open up my import file.…I'll go ahead and enable Editing.…So, most people have figured out…that the Department Code Number is not very meaningful.…And, they want to add the Department Names.…So, they'll start, by adding a VLOOKUP…to the Department List Names.…I'll start by typing an equals sign; I'll start my VLOOKUP.…I'm looking at the Department Code,…because it's the unique value.…
I'm looking it up from the Department List Names.…I'll highlight that reference,…and then I'm going to press F4, to absolutely reference it.…I'm pulling the Department Name,…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.