Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Calculating in Access 2013 queries, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- [Voiceover] So there's plenty of opportunities…to create calculations and do all sorts of things…with Excel and Access inside of queries and tables.…So we already looked at the basic calculations of…functions going to that Expression Builder.…What I want to show you is how to use different…types of queries to create things that you need.…For example, let's create a new query.…We'll call it Query3.…So I go to Create, Query Design, notice it's called Query3.…
So I have my department list.…I really want to be able to maintain that original…department list, but have the full flexibility…of working with it.…I'm going to double-click on Department List.…What I really want to do is make a table out of it.…I'm going to double-click on the asterisk,…that way I get all the fields for my table.…On the query tools and design tab you see Make Table.…I'm going to call this My Department List.…
And I'm going to store it here in this database,…although, I could put it in another one.…When I run this, it's going to create a new table…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.