- Reports don't know anything about data.…All a report knows is formatting.…This font and this color and in this position,…and that's it.…For all of their data needs,…reports rely on a data source.…Data comes either directly from a table,…or a little more roundabout from a query.…The nice thing about using a query as a data source…is that you can bring in fields…from multiple related tables,…calculated fields and expressions,…and give it all to the report…in one nice and tidy package.…When using a query, you have the option of using…a pre-built query that you would find over here…in the navigation pane,…or by creating what's called an embedded query…directly inside of the report.…
Let's take a look at how our report gets data…by having the wizard walk us through the first few steps.…We can find the wizard up here on the CREATE tab,…and it's over here in the Reports group,…the Report Wizard button here.…So let's work towards getting a report…that looks at our customers' orders.…The Report Wizard looks and feels…just like the Query Wizard,…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.