Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Building queries in Design view, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- The Query Designer View is a very powerful tool…to have at your disposal, and its layout makes it easy…to find some answers to some very complex questions.…The easiest way to begin exploring the Query Design…environment is to take a look at an existing query…to see how it was put together.…We'll use this Check In Details Query…that we created with the Wizard in the last movie,…in order to get us started.…Let's go ahead and open it up in Design View,…and just like our tables, I can right click on it and jump…straight into Design View in the flyout menu here.…In Design View you'll notice that we have a couple…of different sections to our screen.…
The upper half of the screen is kind of…like a mini relationships skew,…it allows us to see the different tables…that are involved in our query here,…so in this case we've got the Guests table,…and we have the RoomAssignments table here.…And in the bottom half of the screen…is devoted to defining the different columns…that are going to be returned in our query results.…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.