Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Building parameter queries using forms, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Solutions for reporting are often…full of reports and queries.…Let's get started with the different…reporting aspects of your new Access Excel solution.…If you've be following along with me through the course…then you're already in your database.…For those of you just tuning in…be sure when you open the Access database…from your exercise files that you hold…the Shift key to bypass the startup…options we set earlier in the course.…Let's start by importing in orders and customers.…I'll go to the EXTERNAL DATA tab.…
I'll click the Excel option…and from my Exercise Files I'll choose the Orders file.…I'll click OK 'cause I'm doing an import.…I do want to work with the order list.…It does have column headings in the first row.…I don't need to set any additional…options even though I could.…And for this I don't really need a primary key.…I'll choose Next.…I want to keep the name orders list…and then I'll choose Finish.…
This is a one time import for me…so I don't need to save the import steps.…I'll choose Close.…Now, let me import in customers.…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.