Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Building an import/export macro, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- So now you've built this amazing solution.…Now it's time to add more data for next month,…and even more automation.…You might have been using Excel before,…and every month, just starting back over.…But since you've refined your process,…you've documented everything, you're now ready…to build some basic automation.…Let's start by working with those new hires…we get from HR every month.…So I'm going to jump to the exercise files here,…and show you that I have the NewHires file.…And every month, I'm going to save it as…the same name in the same folder.…
We'll call this the Root folder.…That way, my macro can go automatically to the Root folder…and pull that new information in.…Let's start by creating a macro.…I'll go to Create, I'll choose Macro.…Every good Macro starts with good comments.…So, let me type comment.…This macro will import NewHires…from the Root folder every month.…Now, it really does it every month,…because I run it every month.…
You could automate it to just pick it up…every time you open the database,…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.