Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a basic form in Excel tables, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Let's get started with some Forms for data entry.…If you have people manually entering information…into Excel sheets,…and then sending them to someone else,…or any other type of process like that,…then you might be interested in creating…a simple data entry form.…First of all, when you create forms,…they pass data back to the tables that you created them.…So for example, if I want to modify the data…in MyDepartmentList,…then I'll create my form from it.…You'll learn more about form design…in the Access 2013 Essentials course.…
I'll go to Create, and for this example,…I'll use the Form Wizard.…Because I had MyDepartmentList selected on the left,…it defaults there on the right.…I'll go ahead and add all Fields.…I'll choose Next.…I'll use the Columnar format,…so that I can show one record per form.…I'll choose Next.…If I wanted to change the design,…now I could choose Modify form design,…but I'm okay just looking at the information.…Choose Finish.…
So now I have the ability to navigate through,…and look at the different Records,…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.