Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning a tab order, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- I'll admit that I'm addicted to using my keyboard.…I try and keep my hands off the mouse as much as possible…when I'm entering data,…by using the Tab key to move from field to field.…However, watch what happens when we open up…our Employees table here and start pressing that Tab key.…Right now the current active cell is…the employee ID number over here.…When I press Tab, it comes over to the name,…and then down to the title.…Then I press Tab again it goes to the address,…but then I press it again and it jumps…way down here to the hyperlink,…or the website URL.…Press Tab again it comes back up to the country,…then down to the phone number,…then the email address, then it skips down to the bio,…then over here to the picture.…
Press it one more time and it looks like…it goes over here to the Close Form button,…and then because it's black it's hard to see…but that's where it goes.…And if I press Tab one more time and it goes…to the next record where we repeat the process…all over again.…So mainly I want to control where the Tab goes…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.