Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying conditional formatting rules, part of Office 365: Access Essential Training.
- Conditional formatting rules will call attention…to specific values that you would like to highlight…in your reports.…Let's create a new report to analyze…the Landon Hotel's MonthlyRevenueSummary,…which is a query that we created earlier in the course.…Let's go ahead and find it in the Navigation pane…and double click on it, and we'll see that this…is an aggregate or a totals query.…Right now we're totaling up the number of check-ins…that we have for each year and month.…And then, we're counting up how many check-ins…happened in that month, and we're seeing the total revenue…that was associated with that month.…
Let's go ahead and close this query,…and we'll create a basic report off of it.…Make sure that it's still selected in the Navigation pane,…and we'll come over to the Create tab here,…and we'll choose Report from the report section.…That'll generate a basic report.…And the first thing I want to do is make sure…that these numbers are sorting in a way that makes sense.…Right now, they're all kind of jumbled up,…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 365 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with the Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.