Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Appending and updating queries in Access 2013, part of Building Solutions Using Excel 2013 and Access 2013 Together.
- Earlier in the course we built some action queries.…So let's just make sure of our solution we have…all the action queries we need,…and then we can build them to run from a macro.…This is good if you were manually going to double-click…each query anyway and run it,…then this can be a big time-saver.…Let's look at the action queries that we have already…and the updates that they might need.…Query4 updates the zip code,…but now it might be a good time to also update…that uppercase last name.…Alright, let's take a look at the inside of Query4.…
You can right-click Query4 and go to your design view.…It already has what we need for city and zip codes,…so let's go in and add the uppercase string…on the last name…to convert it to proper.…Notice that we have that Update To line…if you're just tuning in.…We'll do a string conversion.…We're updating the last name.…And remember square brackets for syntax.…
And three is the number that we use if we want proper text,…which means every first letter of the word is capitalized.…
These techniques are the key to better personal productivity data systems. Start watching now.
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Importing and linking Excel data as Access tables
- Creating queries with tables
- Calculating data in Excel vs. Access
- Building forms
- Creating reports for your solution
- Building macros to run imports and queries
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: How do I open the exercise files?
A: Press and hold Shift when opening the exercise files for this course.
1. Understanding How to Use Excel and Access for a Solution
2. Building Tables in Excel and Access
3. Calculating Data in Excel and Access
4. Building Forms for Your Solution
Setting the database options2m 53s
5. Building Reports for Your Solution
6. Building Macros to Run Imports and Queries
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.