Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting form elements in Layout view, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The one-click method of generating a Form…got us started by placing text boxes…for all of our Table Fields into a single Form.…We can find it in a new group here…on our Navigation Pane, called Forms, here,…and this is the Form we generated in the last movie.…Let's go ahead and double click on it to open it up.…Right now, we're in what's called Form View,…which allows us to work with the data.…If we go up here to the View button,…you'll notice that we have a couple of different options…by pressing the bottom part of it.…We can switch into Form View,…which is where we're at right now,…Layout View or Design View.…You'll notice that the upper half of the button…will toggle you back and forth between Layout View here…and back to Form View.…
So if you want to get into Design View,…you'll have to use the bottom portion of the button,…but in this movie, we're just going to work…with the Layout View and the Form View…so you can use the upper half to toggle back and forth.…When you're in Layout View,…you'll get this notification here on the top…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
Outlook 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 49m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.