There’s nothing worse than opening a database and not knowing where to begin. By setting some simple startup options, you can reveal exactly where the users should start their work. In this movie, Adam will show you how to set the Room Assignments form as the default starting for for the Landon Hotel database.
- [Voiceover] Our database is almost finished.…Now we just wanna make sure…that our users know exactly where to begin.…By adjusting the startup options,…we can have our data entry form automatically open up…when the database launches.…In order to do that, we'll come up and visit the File tab…here on the ribbon.…Come down to Options, and from the Access Options screen,…we'll choose Current Database.…Here I can change it so it has a nice,…clean application title.…In this case, I'm gonna type in Landon Hotel.…And a few more lines down, we'll find an option…for Display Form.…Right now it's currently set to none,…and if I use the dropdown list,…we'll see we have one option to choose the form…that's in our navigation pane over here…called RoomAssignments.…
This option will establish the Room Assignments form…as the one to launch automatically…as soon as the database opens.…Let's go ahead and say OK,…and we'll get a window here…that tells us we need to close…and reopen the current database…for the options to take effect.…
If you need a deeper dive into the topics discussed, check out Adam's Access 2016 Essential Training course.
- Loading a premade template database
- Exploring the interface
- Defining data types
- Creating tables
- Defining table relationships
- Editing forms
- Creating queries and reports
- Editing reports in Layout view