Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a header and some polish, part of Access 2013: Forms and Reports in Depth.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We're going to wrap up our…Rolodex-style employee directory here…and add a final bit of polish…using the Property Sheet to modify…some additional objects within our form.…We're going to do this by adding a header section…that will appear at the top of our form…so our end users will immediately know…what they're looking at.…As we go through this, keep an eye on the property sheet…and you'll see that the values change…as we move things around and make selections.…So, let's go ahead and take our employee directory…and switch it into the design view.…Now, I'm gonna add a new section…to the top of my form.…I'm gonna find this section here called Detail…and you'll see that it's pointing…to this section over here.…
I'm gonna right click on that and choose Form Header/Footer.…That'll add two new sections to my form.…The header up here at the top…and the footer down here at the bottom.…Now, we're not gonna be using the footer section…so I'm gonna move my cursor down to the very bottom of it…and I'm gonna click and drag it up…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
Relational Database Fundamentalswith Adam Wilbert2h 40m Beginner
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.