- No report should be considered complete…without those finishing touches…that make it a polished document.…Things such as page numbers, date and time stamps,…and logos help present a professional looking report.…In this movie, we're gonna finish up…our Lifetime Sales report by adding these elements.…Over here in the Navigation pane,…let's go on ahead and open up…our customer Lifetime Sales report…that we've been working on.…Now, what I want to do is add some…titles up here to the top.…I'd also like to see some page numbers…and a time and date stamp,…so let's go on ahead and add all of those features.…I'll switch my view into Design view.…
Now, adding date, and time stamps, and page numbers…is nothing more than adding an unbound text box…with a calculated control source.…Exactly the same as what we added in the last movie.…We could add them manually and type in the expressions…if we knew the proper syntax…but these finishing elements are so common…that Access already has buttons specifically for them…built right into the ribbon right over here.…
Then the course dives into reports: creating efficient and readable layouts, grouping data into categories, tying reports to queries, and using conditional formatting rules to highlight key takeaways from the data. Finally, Adam demonstrates how to link forms and reports together and print your results, and introduces unique ways to save time filling out paperwork and generating form letters.
- Creating forms with the Form Wizard
- Aligning form controls
- Adding buttons, links, and attachments to forms and reports
- Building database navigation elements
- Grouping and sorting data in reports
- Building reports from queries or wizards
- Calculating fields
- Linking forms and reports
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Forms
2. Form Design Basics: Creating an Employee Directory
3. Form and Report Controls
4. Getting around the Database
5. Report Layout
6. Linking Forms and Reports: Creating a Profit Summary
7. Printing and Exporting Reports
Printing reports5m 27s
8. Populating Business Documents
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.